DEKPA HAS BEEN REPEALED SINCE SEASON 2020
DEKPA 2018 ( Permit to Cruise ) & SITUATION ABOUT CRUISING TAX
UPDATE APRIL 2018
1.1. THE YEARLY STAMP ON THE DEKPA ( NEW VERSION since 2017 ) :
( Yearly stamp from 2018 )
The yearly stamp must be obtained at the port police offices
- before the ( expiry ) date of the previous stamp ( cases of 500 euros fines are reported )
- by delivery of the application form ( ΑΙΤΗΣΗ ) obtained at the port police office
- by submitting the original boat documents AND by delivery of the copies of : registration document + insurance certificate incl. the special document for Greece + the ICC + ID card or passport
- in case of more than one boat owner, ( all ) copies and application form for each owner
UPDATE November 2017 :
Our request at the Port police office in VOLOS to get a stamps before leaving for the winter and to avoid a possible delay next year if we should reach Greece later than the limit date for the renewing of the stamp ( !!! ) of our DEKPA, has been refused by the coast-guard officer ... as it seemed her toο early ... " let's say in two or three months ... " - a very personal interpretation in the chaotic, and self feeding labyrinth of the Greek bureaucraty ... while in LEFKADA the stamp has been done in comparable circumstancies ! Τι θα κανουμε ? !
UPDATE April 2018 :
After a lot of discussions with the port police in VOLOS and contacts with other CA-members and a last meeting with the ( also well speaking French ) port police / tourist officer ( 24213.53830 ) it is clear that the procedure for the yearly stamp is now still more complicated by still more paperwork ( the yearly submit of boat document copies ) but ... unavoidable !
If - finaly - Greece is, by this too, on the way to shoot in her own feet, is at this moment an open question, but the risk exists that the bureaucracy will at the end stifle any hope for this country !
At the same moment we read messages telling how simple it was to get the yearly stamp e.g. in Gouvia ( marina ) ...
1.2. TO OBTAIN A DEKPA :
- for all boats of 7 m LOA and more, a DEKPA is required
- all previous versions of DEKPA expire on the 01/01/2017, making a new DEKPA should be requested
- procedure ( SINCE 2017 !!! )
for obtaining the DEKPA non-Greeks must no longer have a so-called tax number Α. Φ. Μ.
1. requesting a DEKPA at the port police/coast guards office when presenting the original boat papers the applicant will receive two forms; the first form should be completed by the applicant for the DEKPA (the form is bilingual GR/ENG and should be filled up with the identity information of the applicant (here you can possibly fill in your tax number Α.Φ.Μ.) and the identification data of the vessel ( if more than one person owns the boat then for each owner a form has to be filled up); the second form is in fact a request document for obtaining a eΠαραβολο authorization (e-Paravolo: electronic administrative fee) that has to be withdrawn at the ΚΕΠ ( KEP : administrative assistance service to citizens )
2. at the ΚΕΠ submitting the request document and his identity card or passport ( in the case of more than one owner, one of them ) - the applicant will get (immediately! ) the eΠαραβολο document with which he can pay the amount of 50.00 euros in the bank of his choice
3. the applicant returns to the port police/coast guards office to introduce his DEKPA request, presenting the bank receipt and the eΠαραβολο, the photocopies of the required documents ( identity card/passport, ICC, registration document of the boat, certificate of insurance ) and the duly completed form concerning the applicant and the boat
Our experience: we passed through the whole procedure in VOLOS in about two and a half hours: we had luck at the ΚΕΠ - we realized it only when we saw the long queue behind us - , making the photocopies in a very well equipped print centre close to the ΚΕΠ went smoothly - we made spare copies of any document (you never know here ! )- , in the ALFA bank the queue for the four ΤΑΜΕΙΟ counters was quite short (we first entered into three other banks, but we were desperate when we saw the huge number of waiting people !) , each time we were the only visitors at the coast guards office and the competent young lady was to the point in fluent English! Due to the long Greek Easter weekend, we have to wait a whole week before we can pick up the DEKPA document ...
2. TEPAI , the largely announced and commented CRUISING TAX ...
IS IMPLEMENTED AND EFFECTIVE SINCE the 9th of MAY 2019 !!!
in a nutshell :
- all private pleasure and commercial boats - irrespective of their flag - within the Greek territorial waters
- idle boats are exempted
- the tax is calculated on current annual or current monthly basis for the time the boat is in the water ( see FAQ'S )
LOA up to 8 m: EUR 20 / month ( from 7 m ? )
LOA over 8 m and up to 10 m: EUR 30 / month
LOA over 10 m and up to 12 m: EUR 40 / month
LOA over 12 m: EUR 10 / metre / month
- discount 50% for the commercial boats and cruise ships subject to exclusive commercial use.
- discount 10% if the tax is paid on December or January for 1 whole year.
- the tax is to be paid after registration by banktransfer or at the post office mentionning the 20 digit you'll find on the final on-line registration document ( e-paravolo ).
- the paid tax is valid for multiple entrance during the period paid
-if the tax is not paid : prohibition of navigation + fines :
LOA over 7 m and up to 8 m: EUR 240
LOA over 8 m and up to 10 m: EUR 360
LOA over 10 m and up to 12 m: EUR 480
LOA over 12 m: EUR 1500
--------> YOU'LL FIND ALL INFORMATION HERE :
RED FIRST THE BROCHURE:
REGISTERING YOUR BOAT HERE :
More information :
- on the website of the CRUISING ASSOCIATION, https://www.theca.org.uk/home ( members )
- on the website of the NOONSITE : https://www.noonsite.com/news/greece-tepai-new-cruising-tax-official-information/